Wolves are my third favorite animal. Here are some facts you probably didn’t know about them.
1. Wolves find it culturally offensive when people pronounce the word wolf as “woof”. There is clearly an “L” in the word. They do not find it cute or funny. Just stupid.
2. Wolves can jump over trees. They just don’t like to.
3. Wolves are voracious readers. Especially of Roald Dahl.
4. Wolves like meat. But they love cake.
5. Wolf fur is actually made up of smaller wolves that all hang out in one big wolf pack, giving the appearance of a fur coat.
6. Wolves can turn invisible.
7. Wolves used to be on the state flag of California. Then Abraham Lincoln changed it to a bear after he lost a wrestling match to a wolf.
8. Wolves hate pirates more than being called a woof.
9. Despite popular belief, marriages with werewolves are allowed.
10. Wolves howl at the moon, because that is originally where they come from.
I hope you enjoyed those facts so far, and that you learned something new. As I’m doing my college thesis paper on them, I will post more as I get them. Oh and here are some pictures of wolves.